Engagement

On Sunday night after church, Michael asked me if I could help his sister, Rachel, with a school project. He told me that she was taking a photography class and she needed to take some black and white photos. She was going to the Klehm Arboretum and wondered if we would go with her, and she would take some pictures of us too. So I said, sure! He told me that he would pick me up in the morning and take me out for breakfast and then we'd meet his sister.

After church, we were having an ice-skating activity. I decided to go and take my sister, Catherine, along. When I got there, Rachel was there. One of her friends invited her to come. All night she kept avoiding eye-contact with me, and I thought it was really strange. Finally, I ran into her and we started talking. I told her I was excited to help her out with her project. She replied that she was glad we were coming because she didn't want to go to the arboretum alone. I laughed and then asked her what time we were supposed to meet her there. She told me 11. So I said goodbye and I would see her the next day.

On Monday morning, I woke up and looked outside to behold lots of white fluff falling from the sky. Michael picked me up and took me to one of our favorite breakfast restaurants, Sophia's. We enjoyed a nice meal and then headed off to meet his sister. When we reached the arboretum, we drove around to find somewhere to park. This was difficult since the place wasn't plowed, so we kinda guessed on a spot to park.

After getting out of his truck, we headed toward one of the pavilions. We were almost there...almost to the warmth and out of the cold snow, and then he received a text message. "It's from my sister. She says we are going the wrong way." he says to me. We were almost to the warmth! Anyway...so we turned around. We reached a place where we saw a trellace-covered area. He quickly started toward the area, "This way!." I firmly stated, "That isn't a building! We need to go to a building where it is warm!" To that he insisted, "I'm going this way!" So I followed...the whole time wondering why I had said 'yes' to this excursion. We always have interesting adventures. ;-) As we came to the gazibo place, I saw a bench with roses and a frappuccino on it. I turned to Michael and asked, "What is this?" He looked at me and said, "I lied, my sister isn't here." As we walked to the bench, he pulled out the ring and got down on one knee. I was completely surprised! I had no idea! He asked me to be his wife, and I excitedly answered 'yes!'. ;-)

After he proposed, Leah and Joey came running toward us. They had been hiding in the trees taking pictures of us. They were the ones who had put the roses and frappuccino on the bench. They were also the ones texting Michael and telling him where to go. ;-) The whole thing was really funny! But that is how our relationship is. We have so much fun together, and we laugh a lot! We laughed a lot on Monday. ;-)




The whole thing was so weird! We have been dating so long, I never thought we would get engaged! We both commented on how weird it all is...and how fun it is to call each other, fiance. ;-) I am so thankful for the fiance God has given me. ;-) I am looking forward to serving the Lord with him. I am also looking forward to spending the rest of my life laughing with my best friend!

Comments